John Ross Burge, DO
Hip and Knee Reconstruction Specialist
Dr. Ross Burge has received extensive Joint Reconstruction Training and specializes in many areas, including:
- Robotic-Assisted Joint Replacement
- Computer Navigation Joint Replacement
- Revision Hip & Knee Reconstruction
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Anterior and Posterior Hip Reconstruction
His approach to patient care is centered on restoring quality of life and is tailored to the specific goals of each patient. Aligning care with patient expectations is paramount.
Schedule an appointment to tell us how your hip or knee issues have impacted the things that mean the most to you and let’s come up with a plan to get you back to what matters.
- University of Southern California (USC) – Keck Medical Center – Los Angeles, CA Joint Arthroplasty Fellowship
- Community Memorial Health System (CMHS) – Ventura, CA Orthopedic Surgery Residency
- University of North Texas Health Science Center (UNTHSC) – Fort Worth, TX
Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (TCOM)
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- University of Texas at Arlington – Arlington, TX Bachelor of Science degree in Biology
MEDICAL LICENSURE & CERTIFICATIONS
- American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery - Board Eligible
- Fluoroscopy X-Ray Supervisor and Operator Permit
- DEA – Controlled Substance Registration
- California State Medical License
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIPS
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons – AAHKS
- Arthroscopy Association of North America – AANA
- Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons of California – OPSC
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons – AAOS
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics – AOAO
- American Medical Association – AMA
- American Osteopathic Association – AOA
- Chief Resident Orthopedic Surgery – CMH – Ventura, CA 2018 – 2019
- Orthopedic Surgery Division Committee – CMH - Ventura, CA 2018 – 2019
- Graduate Medical Education Committee - CMH - Ventura, CA 2018 – 2019
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics (AOAO) 2018 – 2019
- Board of Directors
- Strategic Planning Committee
- Radiology Review Committee - CMH - Ventura, CA 2016 – 2018
- Orthopedic Surgery Program Evaluation Committee – CMH - Ventura, CA 2016 – 2019
- Orthopedic Surgery Research Committee – CMH – Ventura, CA 2016 – 2019
- Vietnam Medical Mission Trip – Viet Cal Orthopedic Exchange – Hanoi, Vietnam May 2018
- Mountains 2 Beach Marathon Medical Staff – Ojai, CA May 2017
- Fillmore High School Sports Physicals Physician – Fillmore, CA May 2017, June 2018
- Mattel Children’s Hospital UCLA 17th Party on the Pier – Santa Monica, CA Sept 2016
- Multiple Sclerosis 150k Bike Ride – Fort Worth, TX May 2011, 2012
- Texas Christian University Career Day – Fort Worth, TX May 2011
- San Salvador Medical Mission Trip – San Salvador, El Salvador April 2011
- Doctors for Medical Excellence at Texas State Capitol – Austin, TX Feb 2011
- Catholic Diocese Sports Physicals – Fort Worth, TX Nov 2010
- DO Dash 5K Charity Run – Fort Worth, TX Oct 2010
RESEARCH & PRESENTATIONS
- Wagner RA, Hogan S, Burge JR, Bates C, Sanchez H. The Radiographic Prepatellar Fat Thickness Ratio Correlates with Infection Risk Following Total Knee Arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2018 Jul;33(7):2251-2255. doi: 10.1016/j.arth.2018.02.022. Epub 2018 Feb 15. PubMed PMID: 29555491.
- Burge JR, Thomas C, Gordon A, Linten K, Golden T. Subtotal Meniscectomy for Degenerative Medial Meniscus Root Tears: Good Functional Scores and Patient Satisfaction at Midterm Follow-up. Poster presentation at the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons 2018 Annual Meeting, March 6-10, 2018, in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Burge JR, Thomas C, Gordon A, Linten K, Golden T. Subtotal Meniscectomy for Degenerative Medial Meniscus Root Tears: Good Functional Scores and Patient Satisfaction at Midterm Follow-up. Poster presented at the American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics Annual Meeting, October 12-14, 2017, in Chicago, Illinois.
- Burge JR, Thomas C, Gordon A, Linten K, Golden T. Subtotal Meniscectomy for Degenerative Medial Meniscus Root Tears: Good Functional Scores and Patient Satisfaction at Midterm Followup. (Submitted for Publication)
- Burge JR, Chiapuzio C, Horvath D. “Chronic Distal Triceps Rupture - Knotless Bridging Primary Repair.”
Vumedi, Jan. 2017.
- Burge JR, Sanchez HB, Wagner RA. Quadriceps and Patellar Tendon Pie-Crusting as a Treatment for Limited Flexion in Total Knee Arthroplasty. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2014 Apr;43(4):E83-8. PMID: 24730010.
- Burge JR, McFarlin J, Bowers K, Sanchez HB, Wagner RA. Prepatellar Fat Thickness Ratio as an Indicator of Infection Risk Following Total Knee Arthroplasty. Presented as poster presentation at 32 nd Annual Meeting of the Mid-America Orthopaedic Association, April 2014 in San Antonio, Texas.
- Burge JR. “Student AOAO: A Glance at the Past and a Spotlight on the Future.” The Orthopod: Journal
American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics, Spring 2013.
- Stryker MAKO Robotic Partial Knee and Hip Reconstruction Certification - Las Vegas, NV Mar 2020
- Stryker MAKO Robotic Knee Replacement Fellows Summit - San Francisco, CA Sept 2019
- Depuy Synthes Concepts in Anterior Hip & Knee Revision Course – Ventura, CA Oct 2017
- William F. Enneking Musculoskeletal Pathology Seminar – Gainesville, FL Oct 2017
- Zimmer Oxford Partial Knee Certification Course – Salt Lake City, UT Feb 2017
- Zimmer Anterior Hip Reconstruction Course – Warsaw, IN Sept 2016
- AO Trauma Course – Basic Principles – Dallas TX Sept 2015
Spending time with family, Exercise/Fitness, Organized Sports, Guitar playing, Reading Fiction Novels.
"My family is extremely important to me, and I treat all patients how I would want someone to treat a member of my family"
- Ross Burge, DO.
To know more about Dr. Ross Burge please visit www.venturahipandknee.com